The Milwaukee Chapter of the Christ Child Society is celebrating its 75th Anniversary!!
The Resale Shop and Boutique will be closed the first Saturday of December (12/2/23), but will be open the next two Saturdays (12/9/23 and 12/16/23).
Who We Are
The Christ Child Society of Milwaukee is an all-volunteer organization that embraces members of all faiths who are dedicated to expressing their love of the Christ Child by service to all God’s children.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, serving children in the Southeastern Wisconsin area since 1948. Our primary focus is clothing the newborn and providing additional services to follow the child and nurture the youth in the Greater Milwaukee area.
We are Part of a Larger Organization
The Christ Child Society of Milwaukee is part of the National Christ Child Society, which has over 6,000 members in 46 chapters across 20 states driven by faith, love, and a desire to change the futures of children in need. The Society was founded in 1887 in Washington DC by Mary Virginia Merrick.
What We Do & How We Do It
For over 70 years, the Christ Child Society of Milwaukee had worked to meet the growing needs of children in the Southeastern Wisconsin community. We serve thousands of children annually and our six signature programs are made possible through:
- Generous financial support from donors and grants.
- Revenue received from our resale shop, Craigslist, and eBay.
- Charitable contributions from our all-volunteer membership.
Here’s where some of our money/ resources have gone:
DONATIONS FROM CHRIST CHILD SOCIETY
Time Talent and Treasure
Clothing: Men’s, Women’s, & Children’s / Housewares
- Capuchin Clothes Closet at the House of Peace
- MacCanon Brown Homeless Shelter
- Benedict Center
- Father Gene’s Help Center
- Women’s Care Center
- Women’s Support Center
- Vincent de Paul
- Repairers of the Breach
- Joseph’s Hospital
- Sinai Hospital
- Froedtert/Children’s Hospital
- Columbia St. Mary’s
- Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- Columbia Saint Mary’s Ozaukee Birth Center
- Aurora West Allis Hospital
- Women’s Care Center – Mitchell Street
- Women’s Care Center – Farwell Avenue
MY STUFF BAGS
- Meta House
- Cathedral Center
- Joy House
- Children’s Services
- New Horizon Center
- Milwaukee Women’s Center
SCHOOL SUPPORT and LITERACY PROGRAM
- Teacher Assistance
- Financial Support For School Programs
- Library – Blessed Savior South
- Joan Antida High School
- Coletta’s Day School
- Messmer High School
16 Parochial Schools, 3, 4, & 5 year olds and referred students
Become a Member
The Milwaukee Chapter of the Christ Child Society welcomes new members from the Greater Milwaukee area. While comprised of many Catholic women, membership is open to anyone and all denominations.